St Arnaud House Bed & Breakfast
St Arnaud House is a secluded, boutique sub-alpine homestay bed & breakfast, set amongst mature native beech forest that surrounds the village of St Arnaud, we are a 600 metre walk to the idyllic Lake Rotoiti, Nelson Lakes National Park, New Zealand.
The ideal location for a romantic break, or
- Take a quiet walk in our alpine native beech forest, along the side of the idyllic Lake Rotoiti, and listen to our magnificent bird song of native bellbirds, tuis, robins, fantails, kaka & morepork.
- Take a breathtaking hike on the Mt Robert alpine circuit, experience its alpine meadows and views or explore further into the greater Nelson Lakes National park wilderness.
- You can go mountain biking along the challenging Teetotal tracks through both native and exotic forest;
- Try the great brown trout fishing in the cool of the day, in the rivers that surround Lake Rotoiti & and further afield;
- relax and just enjoy our clear fresh mountain air, peace and tranquillity.
- St Arnaud house provides the opportunity to explore the alpine wilderness of Nelson Lakes National Park, the perfect place to relax and unwind.
- We are located in mature native beech forest in the village of St Arnaud, just 600 metres from Lake Rotoiti in Nelson Lakes National Park.
- In keeping with our magnificent native bush-covered mountains, St Arnaud House is a solid eco-timber Fraemohs building, which blends into the magnificent Nelson Lakes alpine environment.
- St Arnaud House provides the perfect place to relax and unwind and explore the alpine wilderness of Nelson lakes National Park.
- We serve a delicious breakfast at a time suited to your schedule.
- We are commited to the environment through the implemation of conservation initiatives in energy, waste and water, and are active participants with "Friends of lake Rotoiti" conservation group.
Children are welcome by arrangement.
Please phone +64 3 5467229 or +64 27 2023501 or
Russell and Margery, our Burmese cats (Pug and Chilli), are delighted to share our wonderful location with you and welcome you into our home.
St Arnaud / Nelson Lakes events
- Easy strolling distance to the beautiful Lake Rotoiti, Nelson Lakes National park.
- Wireless broadband internet available.
- Evening meals are available by prior arrangement.